We respect your privacy and are committed to safeguarding your personally identifiable information or "personal information" from unauthorized use or disclosure. This policy describes how your personal information may be collected when you visit our website, use our products or access our services, or otherwise interact with us or our business partners. It also describes how your personal information is used, when it may be disclosed, and the steps we take to protect it from unauthorized use or disclosure. For special offers, promotions, contests, or specific services, we may advise you that additional or different personal information practices or terms exist. You should refer to those terms or practices as well.
Consent to Privacy Statement
By providing the information requested by the Site or by continuing to use the Site after having an opportunity to review this Privacy Statement, you have consented to the terms of this Privacy Statement, and SUPERVALU's use of the information it collects as described at the point of collection or in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to this Privacy Statement, you may not use the Site.
DEFINITION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We define the term "personal information" to mean any information that we directly associate with a specific person. This may include an address, phone number, email address, fax number, or information pertaining to a rewards program, online registration or financial account, when associated with a person's name. Our definition does not include "aggregate personal information," which is information that we collect about a group or category of persons or services, or "de-identified information," which is information from which we or our agents have removed any information that can be used to specifically identify a person, and this policy does not restrict or limit our collection or use of those types of information.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect your personal information through the following methods.
Personal Information You Provide. We may request or give you the opportunity to provide personal information when you register as a user of our website, sign up for or use our products or services, or otherwise communicate with us.
Other Information. We may obtain other information about you from third parties such as demographic marketing information, address verification, or mailing list information and combine it with other personal information pertaining to you.
OUR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited:
- Responding to your requests,
- Contacting you about products or services we believe may interest you,
- Conducting market research, surveys, and similar programs to help us understand trends and customer needs across product categories or customer groups,
- Evaluating your shopping experience, existing products or services, or for creating new items,
- Attempting to contact you regarding product safety and recall issues, or
- Entering you into sweepstakes or promotions.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties, or share it with them for their own direct marketing purposes. We may however, share your personal information with third parties as described below.
- With Your Consent. We may disclose your personal information to third parties with your consent. You may give your consent in several ways, including, but not limited to, the following: through a written agreement signed or acknowledged by you; through an online method, such as a "click-through" agreement or registration page; through an oral statement, such as by way of an interactive voice response; or through the terms and conditions under which we provide you a particular product or service.
- Service Providers. We may disclose your personal information to third parties who complete transactions or perform services on our behalf or for your benefit. We may also utilize the services of third parties to verify customer data such as mailing addresses, or to supplement information we currently have with additional information. We may also contract with third parties to host a site, collect and provide market research, or send information to you by mail or email regarding our products, services, or those of our business partners.
- Legal Process. We may disclose your personal information to legal or government regulatory authorities as required by law, in response to their request for such information, or to assist in investigations of theft, fraud, or abuse. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in connection with claims, disputes, or litigation, or if we determine disclosure of your personal information is necessary in an emergency.
- Certain Business Transfers. Your personal information may be disclosed as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets, and could be transferred to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction. It may also be disclosed in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership.
We may share your personal information with our parent corporation or affiliated companies for their use in a manner similar to the purposes described above under the caption "Our Use of Personal Information."
INFORMATION PERTAINING TO CHILDREN
We do not intend to or knowingly collect personal information online from children under the age of 13 and we encourage parents or guardians to participate in and monitor their children's online activity. If a child under 13 has provided personal information, a parent or guardian may inform us of that fact by contacting us using one of the methods listed under the caption "How to Contact Us" that appears below, and we will then delete the information from our database. If you are under the age of 13, do not provide us with any personal information either directly, on any website bulletin boards, or by other means.
ACCESS TO AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not maintain all of your personal information in a form that can be accessed or updated by you and some items, such as transaction records, may not be changed. Accordingly, we will determine and may limit what may be accessed and how, and we may keep a record of changes (including deletions) and disclose them for lawful purposes. We keep your personal information for as long as we think is necessary or advisable and we reserve the right to retain it to the full extent not prohibited by law. You may review your personal information that is readily accessible or request that it be updated by contacting our Customer Interaction Center using one of the methods listed under the caption "How to Contact Us" that appears below.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take various physical, electronic, and procedural measures to protect your personal information from unauthorized disclosure or misuse. We employ Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, a commonly employed method of encrypted communication used on the Internet, to encrypt during transmission, sensitive personal information you input. However, because no data security systems are completely secure, we do not warrant that any personal information that you provide to us will be secure or safe from unauthorized access, and you agree that if you provide any personal information to us, you do so at your own risk.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may send you email messages, direct mail offers, or other communications regarding products or services unless you specifically ask us not to do so when you access our website or change your preferences by updating any accounts you may have with us. At any time, you may elect to opt-out of receiving commercial messages from us. We will endeavor to process your opt-out request in a commercially reasonable time.
- Printed Materials: To opt out of receiving printed marketing materials from us at your postal address, such as catalogs, flyers or postcards, contact our Customer Interaction Center at the telephone number, email address, or mailing address listed under the caption "How to Contact Us" that appears below.
- Emails: To opt out of receiving marketing materials from us via email, use the method provided in the email, if stated, or contact our Customer Interaction Center at the telephone number, email address, or mailing address listed under the caption "How to Contact Us" that appears below.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Email Address: PrivacyPolicy@SUPERVALU.com
Mailing Address: Customer Interaction Center
Attn: Customer Service
250 Parkcenter Blvd.
Boise, ID 83706
Effective Date: July 2009
Date of Last Modification: June 19, 2009